Objectives and input to workpackage
The objectives of this workpackage are:
- To determine relevant criteria to assess the vulnerability
of several types of infrastructures, buildings, according
to the types of landslides, as well as for the population
and for the environment, based on experimented situations.
- To fix criteria for risk assessment based first on direct
economic consequences, then on indirect consequences (reduction
of tourism and economic activity).
- To provide computation or assessment methods to determine
risk levels which can be used in land planning.
Input factors and data include:
- Data obtained from WP2 to WP5 in order or assess hazard
values or parameters.
- Data related to infrastructures, buildings and environment
collected on different typical sites, which can be affected
by movements to a certain extent, in relation to their
- Theoretical considerations on risk levels related to
marginal costs and aversion factors that will be included
in the risk assessment procedures.
Description of work
In order to quantify risk levels, three components
will be analysed, related to the exposed objects which may
be influenced by landslides:
- The nature, structure and spatial distribution of exposed
objects on the landslides mass or within the exposed zones,
with due consideration of their long-tem behaviour.
- The sensitivity of these objects to movements, in order
to assess how they are directly or indirectly affected
- The value of these objects, in a wide sense, as well
as the indirect economical impact of the changes they
All these data and analyses will allow to
fix reference levels of risk, which will correspond to real
impacts in true situations that serve as a basis for land
D16. Report on the determination of risk levels, which
may be considered in the land planning to express the impacts
of several types of hazards.
Milestones and expected result
Catalogue of significant risk situations,
which will serve as a basis to assess real risk situation
in the selected sites;
Methodology for risk assessment which will be
presented in scientific publications - deliverable D16 available.